Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Catching Up

I have wanted to do this for a while now. The last time I blogged was during the Royal Court Workshop in 2006. But that was a group thing and didn’t last.

2010 augurs well. I have my first non fiction “The Boss is Not your Friend” being published by Hachette India this year. I went for the Delhi book fair last week and there is some buzz around the book already. Most people get a smile on their faces when they hear what it is called. I guess they have learnt their lessons the hard way. I also finished a novel last year. Hopefully that would also get published by the end of this year or early next year.

However what I enjoyed writing the most in recent times was a short essay for an anthology Pradeep Sebastian is compiling. Fifty contemporary Indian writers are writing on existing literary works. I chose “Sunlight on a Broken Column,” by Attia Hosain. It is a brilliant book, woefully underrated. Hosain was one of the earliest Indians to write and make a mark in English. A space that is falsely arrogated by some who came after her. I love the book. I recommend it to anyone who has an interest in India and Indian writing in English.

Hope to meet friends and like minded folks here.

6 comments:

  1. Looking forward to 'Boss is not your friend.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Makes me eager to read your book, novel and more blogs promising much of such stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start to the blog, Vijay! I am your first "follower".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vijay when is your book - BOSS IS NOT YOUR FRIEND coming out ? The title is intriguing and appropriate for the present times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vijay, will follow your blog with interest.

    ReplyDelete